Forums » News and Announcements

Which shows are you hitting up?

• 41 posts
    August 3, 2011 7:21 AM PDT
    Not really sure which section this topic should be in.

Seen shows from the tour already?

I've got front row center for Burlington, and 8th row center in Northampton! This will be my 1st time seeing a Gillian show. Can not wait!

What shows are you guys going to?
    • 45 posts
    August 3, 2011 1:57 PM PDT
    we will catch the philly and nyc shows in october. have our fingers crossed for a couple of uk dates too all being well... you've got good seats there - you're in for an experience!
    • 29 posts
    August 8, 2011 5:33 PM PDT
    Saw Big Sur, Santa Cruz and SF. Got my ticket for Pappy & Harriet's in Pioneertown on September 28th. I'm surprised sponweb. As indispensable a member of the Gillian Welch and David Rawlings community as yourself, and you're only just now getting around to seeing them live!?! Why, pray tell?
    • 112 posts
    August 9, 2011 5:20 AM PDT
    I did Newport, and am excited for 2nd row center in Portland! That's all I can do this year, hoping to catch her on the return loop next summer!
    • 112 posts
    August 9, 2011 5:21 AM PDT
    Sponwed, will you be recording?
    • 41 posts
    August 14, 2011 7:25 AM PDT
    I've never recorded a show in my life - so I won't be doing that. Plus - I think they might notice me in the front row with microphones.

@brian - I was only introduced to Gillian about 4 years ago, and she really hasn't played anywhere near me since. I saw the Machine when they toured, but am really sooooo excited to see a Gillian show!
    • 41 posts
    August 14, 2011 7:27 AM PDT
    And Sarah - what's this about a return loop next summer??!!
    • 112 posts
    August 14, 2011 8:12 AM PDT
    That's me and my wishlist:) I imagine I'll have to go down south, but I am hoping and anticipating that, after a short break, they will want to continue to support the album. I can tell they are pleased with it and glad to have new material to sing. *fingerscrossed*
    • 45 posts
    September 4, 2011 8:47 AM PDT
    got our tickets for the european leg in november - paris and brighton, uk here we come...
    • 112 posts
    September 4, 2011 1:28 PM PDT
    Exciting!
    • 29 posts
    October 25, 2011 8:34 PM PDT
    I'm still kicking myself for not just going ahead and getting tickets for The Ryman and letting the chips fall where they may. I tried to put it out there as a quick visit to see my sister and her family (they live just outside of Nashville in Goodlettsville), but my significant other stayed quiet for about 10 seconds and then asked "is Gillian playing in Nashville around that time?". I was dead in the water before I even got out of the gate.
    • 9 posts
    April 22, 2012 1:32 PM PDT
    Stubbs BBQ Austin, Tx - June 8th. Just could not resist it.
    • 112 posts
    May 29, 2012 7:46 AM PDT
    Jealous, Peter!