Forums » Suggestions

Have an idea for the site?

• 29 posts
    July 9, 2011 9:01 AM PDT

Friends,

Do you have a great idea for GillianWelchAndDavidRawlings.com

This is the place to post it. We would love to hear from you.

Start a new topic and post what you think would be good for the site.

Thanks for being here,

Matt

This post was edited by MattWales at July 9, 2011 9:02 AM PDT
    • 135 posts
    July 9, 2011 5:16 PM PDT
    Maybe a guitar chord resource?
    • 29 posts
    July 10, 2011 6:56 AM PDT
    Great Idea! What Should we call it?
    • 112 posts
    July 21, 2011 8:51 AM PDT
    I think if we did threads in the lyrics section on each song, rather than each albm (my letter t v is broken:), we co ld get into the details of song interpretation and lyrics debate a little deeper.
    • 112 posts
    July 21, 2011 8:52 AM PDT
    Also, definitely the musicians corner, with chords and progressions where we have them hashed out.
    • 29 posts
    July 24, 2011 9:32 PM PDT
    I thinking the best way to do this. Great ideas. Thanks.
    • 112 posts
    October 4, 2011 9:56 AM PDT

I feel like we need a "miscellaneous" or "other" forum category. Once we get stuff in there, we might know what we need for additional categories.

• 41 posts
    October 15, 2011 12:52 PM PDT
    Forum wise - I think we need a more general Gillian discussion forum, where we can have threads (like the "what shows are you hitting up" thread) or one I need to start "can you help me identify this bootleg?"
    These aren't really off topic, but also aren't news, tabs, lyrics, etc.
    Just kind of a catch all for Gillian related forum topics that don't fit into nice little categories.
    • 112 posts
    April 22, 2012 5:29 AM PDT
    Can we have a general "musicians" forum in the musicians section?
    • 29 posts
    April 22, 2012 9:20 AM PDT
    Sure can. Great Idea. I juts created one.
    • 41 posts
    June 14, 2012 5:27 PM PDT

I'd like to reiterate an idea from a few posts ago. We need a forum that is simply a general Gillian forum. For all the myriad of topics that are Gill and Dave related but don't quite fit into the "lyrics", "tabs", or "musicians" categories. We need someplace obvious for threads like...

...what shows are you seeing this tour

...do you have gillian bootlegs?

...strange Gillian statistics

...or half the threads in the News and Announcements forum.

Off-Topic & News and Announcements are NOT obvious places to look for fun threads about Gillian. Forum threads are a great way for people to share info (long form) in a much friendlier format than the "facebook" style of the front-page.

Also, can we link text in forum posts? I can't figure out how to do it. (maybe I'm having a senior moment...) Something like this is what I mean:

Link with Text [a href="url"]clickable text[/a]

EDIT:

ha ha, almost forgot the entire reason I started writing this post :)

This place needs a name.  I was re-linking this site on my blog the other day, and tt occurred to me that it needed a NAME. Or a nick-name, or something...

When I link it on my site...what should i call it?  The Gillian Welch and David Rawlings Network?  That is awful long and unwieldy.  Shortening it makes it official sounding, which I find sketchy, and saying it entirely is really a mouthful.

I think what you need is something catchy, yet unspellable, like Spontaneous Wednesday... :)

Or maybe something more Gillian related, heh heh.

I almost named my site Spread the Welch.  It probably would be called that if I hadn't happened to have the other name already registered when I though of the blog.

This post was edited by sponwed at June 14, 2012 5:48 PM PDT
    • 41 posts
    June 14, 2012 5:45 PM PDT

Edit Edit: I'd also like to mention that when posting on the mainpage (or in the comments areas) it would be great if we could line-break in our texts.

It makes it hard to read certain posts when it isn't formatted the way you wrote it.

BTW, thanks for everything...I finally started uploading the blog. Can't possible thank you enough. Give me thoughts on how you would like this site linked from my blog. \o/

This post was edited by sponwed at June 14, 2012 5:47 PM PDT
    • 45 posts
    June 15, 2012 12:07 AM PDT
    jake makes some good points - i am notoriously bad at not putting things in their right place and will try harder to be structured (not very swiss in that respect!).
    like the idea of finding a zappy name - will put my thinking cap on too!
    • 41 posts
    July 27, 2012 2:28 PM PDT
    I have yet another brilliant suggestion!
    We should, by default, ALL be friends. I don't see the need to have to request for friendship at this point. Once this place eventually grows to hundreds users, but for now I think we are all here for the exact same reason. :)
    • 41 posts
    September 27, 2013 9:56 PM PDT

I'm just going to reiterate again the need for a general Gillian & Dave forum.

I want to start a "Post your favorite stage banter" thread.  Wherever can this go??

• 2 posts
    July 18, 2014 9:49 AM PDT

I love the idea for a "stage banter" thread! 

Also, maybe someone could start a playlist of the original songs that have been covered by Gill and Dave? Like, Townes' version of Pancho and Lefty, Neil Young's Cortez, etc. So many of these songs I only know as the G&D versions, and it'd be great to hear the originals that inspired the covers!