Forums » News and Announcements

Upcoming Shows?

• 112 posts
    January 2, 2012 4:29 AM PST
    Can we keep a thread of upcoming shows, particularly off-tour? Acony doesn't post them so I often hear after the fact, which makes me nuts!
    • 29 posts
    January 2, 2012 8:40 AM PST
    Join the mailing list! They send you and email. ;-) Click the upper right. http://www.gillianwelch.com/tour/
    • 112 posts
    January 2, 2012 8:58 AM PST
    That works for tour stuff, but it doesn't work for when they just play some club somewhere. They played a completely unadvertised show up here a couple years ago and I didn't even know about it! Seems like they keep it word-of-mouth sometimes, so I'm looking for a lot of ears!
    • 41 posts
    January 27, 2012 3:09 PM PST
    A Warren Hellman tribute concert is planned for Sunday, Feb. 19, in Golden Gate Park in San Francisco, CA. It will be a two-stage, one-day event in the style of Hellman’s wildly popular Hardly Strictly Bluegrass Festival. Hellman, who passed away late last year at the age of 77, is best known for funding the free bluegrass festival almost completely out of his own pocket every year since 2001, calling it his “selfish gift” to the city. Gillian and Dave will be joined by Old Crow Medicine Show, Emmylou Harris, Robert Earl Keen, Steve Earle, and Warren’s own band, The Wronglers. More details to follow!
    • 29 posts
    January 27, 2012 3:37 PM PST
    Are they headlining?
    • 41 posts
    January 27, 2012 3:52 PM PST
    I don't know - just grabbed that info off Gillian's FB page.