Forums » Introduce Yourself

Don'e Be Shy!

• 29 posts
    July 9, 2011 9:15 AM PDT

Friends,
    This is the place for you to introduce yourself to other members of the website

Tell us a little bit about yourself and why you are a Gillian Welch and David Rawlings fan.

Just start a new topic and start typing, its that simple.

Again Thanks for being here,

Matt

• 9 posts
    December 20, 2012 9:16 PM PST

Hello, my name is Dave.

Some of you will know me by another name from various bit torrent sharing sites I have populated over the years which would be Stripeydave.

But here, I am just TheOtherDave.

I love the music of Gillian Welch and Dave Rawlings and have been very fortunate to have seen quite of few of their shows, most of which I taped and shared online. I don't ever hoard shows. I don't believe in it.

If you have a show, please share it. If you want a show I have, just ask. I am always happy to share the music of these fine artists. The only thing I would ask is that you never profit in any way from any shows I pass along to you.

I have also been quite lucky and have spoken with Gillian and Dave after shows on many occasions and found them both to be very charming and considerate. Never very long chats as they have many fans who all want a "minute" of their time, but I have had many questions answered straight from the source.

I live in Southern California where I play guitar, and now, mostly mandolin. One of my favorite things to do is figure out how to play their songs on the mando now. The guitar stuff is easy enough, and having been right up front for many shows, I would watch to see what fingerings they were using for parts I couldn't figure out on my own! Free lessons... ha ha ha...

Well that's all. I hope that more of you post and engage in some chatter here. I am normally not very talkative but you get what you give, and I have been given more than my fair share!

Nice to meet you all here.

the other dave

• 135 posts
    December 21, 2012 9:48 AM PST

Hi, I live in South London with my partner Helen and my two gals. I can't for the life of me remember where i first heard of Gill & Dave, I guess the Obrowhereartthou soundtrack. I'm a musician of limited abilities, but during my time as a bass player my band The Seers supported The Ramones, Iggy Pop and The Red Hot Chili Peppers as well as many otehrs, so I've had some degree of success.

I now play mandolin and banjo as well as guitar. I'm a singer first and foremost and have recently been indulging myself in a bit of jazz. I have a band made up of parents from my kids Steiner school. I know lots of people on the London Americana scene and have a very dear young buddy Benjamin Folke Thomas who if he get's the breaks will one day be a star.

As a musician I'm very keen on playing and figuring out Gill & Dave's songs.

See you all soon.

Jason

• 29 posts
    December 21, 2012 10:09 AM PST

Hey Guys! Great Posts!

Can you just copy and past your entries here and start a new topic!

Make the subject your screen name. and paste what you put!

One fourm subject for each memeber.

http://www.gillianwelchanddavidrawlings.com/FansNetwork/forums/5

Thanks and welcome again brothers!