Forums » Gillian Welch and David Rawlings "Guitar Tabs"

What Are You Playing On Banjo?

• 112 posts
    February 28, 2012 9:56 AM PST

What G&D songs do you do on banjo? I'm just learning, so I'm trying to pick out Baby and Fly in G, but I would like to learn Hard Times, Rock of Ages and Winter's Come and Gone (which I know is played on guitar, but I think she wrote it on banjo?)

• 45 posts
    June 6, 2012 1:38 PM PDT

just been working on the devil had a hold of me but my left arm got so stiff i lost all feeling in my shoulder - that paired with the bruised thigh so i'm ready for bed now...

This post was edited by gibsongirl at June 6, 2012 1:39 PM PDT
    • 135 posts
    June 9, 2012 1:33 AM PDT
    Have learnt Hard Times with capo on 6 which sounds great. have to drop it to 5 for my buddy Todd who plays fiddle. Six White Horses is an easy pick, although I wish I could play harp. My First Lover would be a good one to play, as well as the song you mentioned jane. Would love to know what's goind on with One Morning.
    • 135 posts
    June 9, 2012 1:38 AM PDT
    Hey Jane, how's about a post for how to play The Devil Had a Hold Of Me on banjo?
    • 45 posts
    June 11, 2012 1:11 AM PDT
    i've got a tab that i'm working from - how can i upload that here?
    • 45 posts
    • 45 posts
    • 112 posts
    August 1, 2012 6:17 PM PDT
    I'm struggling with that D in Hard Times. Where do you pick across, Jason? Root shape? I can't quite get it nice. Would like to do "Winter", anyone working on that?
    • 112 posts
    August 1, 2012 6:19 PM PDT
    and yes, One Morning. Sawmill, like Rock of Ages (which sounds just like Shady Grove to me), but afterr that I don't know where to go.
    • 135 posts
    September 24, 2015 9:46 AM PDT

Rock of Ages (banjo).wmv

https://youtu.be/O_8Pe-3mEwI
    This post was edited by JasonK at September 24, 2015 9:47 AM PDT