Forums » Introduce Yourself

TheOtherDave

• 9 posts
    December 21, 2012 10:20 PM PST

Hello, my name is Dave.

Some of you will know me by another name from various bit torrent sharing sites I have populated over the years which would be Stripeydave.

But here, I am just TheOtherDave.

I love the music of Gillian Welch and Dave Rawlings and have been very fortunate to have seen quite of few of their shows, most of which I taped and shared online. I don't ever hoard shows. I don't believe in it.

If you have a show, please share it. If you want a show I have, just ask. I am always happy to share the music of these fine artists. The only thing I would ask is that you never profit in any way from any shows I pass along to you.

I have also been quite lucky and have spoken with Gillian and Dave after shows on many occasions and found them both to be very charming and considerate. Never very long chats as they have many fans who all want a "minute" of their time, but I have had many questions answered straight from the source.

I live in Southern California where I play guitar, and now, mostly mandolin. One of my favorite things to do is figure out how to play their songs on the mando now. The guitar stuff is easy enough, and having been right up front for many shows, I would watch to see what fingerings they were using for parts I couldn't figure out on my own! Free lessons... ha ha ha...

Well that's all. I hope that more of you post and engage in some chatter here. I am normally not very talkative but you get what you give, and I have been given more than my fair share!

Nice to meet you all here.

the other dave

• 9 posts
    December 23, 2012 3:07 AM PST

Hello Dave. Musicchuck here. Welcome to the network.